Skip to content

Will I Lose My Job if I File a Workers Compensation Claim?

When resolving a workers compensation claim you are often required to sign a release and resignation from the current employer. It is important to work with the attorney early in the case and let them know you are not willing to resign or lose your job in order to resolve the claim. Often the attorney can help you through the process of receiving a fair impairment rating and negotiate a PPD payment for your injury. The Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) payment will compensate you for the lost ability of the injured body part and your claim will remain open for future medical even after you return to work. Accepting the PPD payment does not require a resignation.

Share Article:
Scroll To Top